Here are some ideas to get your discussion started…
- Food plays a big role in cementing the friendship between Beth, Cara and Alex. In your experience, are female friendships based on common interests, or values, or chemistry?
- Which of the three main characters did you most relate to, and why?
- ‘Mother-guilt’ is explored in different ways through each main character. Why do you think it’s such a common emotion for parents, mothers especially, to experience?
- Alex in particular struggles with the notion of ‘work-life’ balance. Do you think such a thing exists? How can it be achieved?
- What are your views on the ‘wellness’ industry and the rise of ‘celebrity’ lifestyle gurus? Is it more helpful or harmful?
- ‘Don’t judge a book by it’s cover,’ goes the saying. How is this born out in Cuthbert Close?
- How well do you know your neighbours? Did this book make you feel differently about them?