Time. Space. Focus.
One Day Writing Retreats in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs
Can’t find the time to work on your creative writing?
Struggling with motivation?
Need tailored feedback on your writing?
My one day urban writing retreat could be just what you need…
As an author of two books, and a further three under contract, I know all about the importance of getting the words written. I also know how hard it can be!
Writing is a challenging and, at times, lonely pursuit. But this is where a writing retreat can be so valuable.
I want to share with you what I’ve learnt about motivation and discipline. I also want to work with you, one on one, to find out what your goals are, and help you with advice on how best to achieve them.
I’m also offering an opportunity for you to get feedback on 3,000 words of your current work in progress because I know just how important it can be to have a fresh pair of eyes look at your work.
If this sounds like something that could benefit you, read on…
When: Sunday, 30 August, 10am-4pm
Where: Dickerson Gallery, 34 Queen Street, Woollahra.
We’ll be using the entire ground floor of this gorgeous, renovated Victorian terrace, footsteps from public transport and the famed Queen Street retail precinct (map below)
What you get:
– A one hour workshop, delivered by me – ‘How to get the words written; goal setting, motivation, overcoming writer’s block and maximising your writing efficiency’
– a one-to-one 25 minute mentoring session with me. (Choose either to pick my brains about writing and publishing OR receive verbal feedback on 3,000 words of your current WIP)*
– morning and afternoon tea
– uninterrupted writing time
– a chance to meet and network with like-minded writers
– guided writing sprints
– numbers strictly limited to 6 participants only
10am-10:15am – Introductions and goal setting
10:15-11:15am – ‘How to Get the Words Written’ workshop
11:15am-11:30am – Morning tea
11:30am-12.30pm – Writing sprints
Total price for the day: $132 (including GST)
For further information, or to register your interest email me at
Note – this will be run as a COVID-safe event with social distancing regulations in place. Participants who are unwell on the day of retreat may not attend and will be issued with a full refund, minus $10 for administrative expenses. Should the event be cancelled due to tightened COVID-19 regulations, full refunds will be offered to participants.